Sunday, December 26, 2010

I am D O N E…

OK I admit it the search for my half-orange should really be changed to making lemonade out of lemons. I have been feeling less then optimistic after thinking I was going to end the year on high, but I was reading another blog today (http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-dater-x-the-pressure-of-the-new-years-eve-date/) and there were a couple things the author said that really struck me. She was lamenting about a guy she had been seeing who pulled the fade. I know I have been there, but then he had the nerve to call her out of nowhere and ask her to be his New Years Eve day.
Hello Mr. I was an Asshole…I am Sorry...Yes you are sorry if it took you 3 months to figure out you were an asshole. (Sorry had to get that out).  
So like the author I recognize that I am an awesome, smart, hot, caring woman who is trying to be the best person I can be. Note I said trying no one is perfect. And in 2010 I have given too much time to men who either have attempted to use me or generally disrespected me.  A man should make you feel like a 10 on all levels and like the author I want to feel valued. I want to feel special. I want to feel adored. And I want to feel those same things for someone else. But I’m done putting energy into guys who don’t make me feel wonderful.
So I am putting out in the universe if you want to play games or use someone…find someone else I don’t have time for you.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing this! And you're right in your earlier posts-- it's so easy to get pulled into negative thought systems, since so much of it is in front of us with those "What You're Doing Wrong in Dating" stories and guys who don't treat great women the way they deserve! But you are so on the right track with this blog. That first step is opening your eyes to it and SEEING the positive vs. pessimistic stuff that's out there so you can re-focus on what matters. You deserve to feel adored and like a 10 on all levels and I look forward to following your journey there! —Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying this! I, too, am DONE and have left all the assholes from 2010 in 2010. Upward and onward for 2011! Let the optimism begin!

    Mendy

    ReplyDelete